Monday, August 5, 2013


Last October 2012, my lecturer Mr.Ross James Carey said this to me during we were in the composition class. 

'Elvin, I hope you can do something better for your final composition. Do a good orchestra work and it would be able to play by the UiTM orchestra. Here is coming the 3rd Malaysian Composer Series, will be held at KLPac. Compose a music that meet the concert standard. Music should be performed, not just write and keep.' 

I was very grateful studied with him. He opened my sight in another world of music which is composition. Again he said, 'Go travel at any part of this world, it will give plenty inspiration that you can't get by only staying in one place.' He gave me many advise that 'knocked my head' indeed. 

Finally, after a few months composing, yes!! I did it. Finished an orchestra work entitle The Story of Mount Kinabalu (2012) and it was premiered by the UiTM Symphony Orchestra last Dec 2012 conducted by Dr.Tazul Izan Tajuddin. 


A memory with Dr.Tazul Izan Tajuddin, Composer/Conductor

My tallest composition lecturer in UiTM, Mr.Ross James Carey (New Zealand)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fenomena Muzik Di Negeri Sabah: Kuantiti VS Kualiti (Coretan 2016) Senario muzik di Sabah ini bukanlah sesuatu yang baru untuk di...